Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers
Topic F: Shame & Stigma
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
This group offers support for caregivers and the thoughts, feelings, and emotions they may experience as they support a loved one. This session will delve into the ‘why’ of eating disorders, and offer tips for self-validating as one’s experience changes.
Topics covered will include:
- The bio-psycho-social-spiritual basis of Eating Disorders
- Why it’s ok to feel like ‘this is hard’
This group will also leave time and space for participants to bring their own questions and topics for discussion.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information.
Dates for this session includes:
- April 10, 2024
Please register for each session individually– available dates will be listed on the ticketing page.
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm MST (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable on Jane
Chantelle Jensen, Registered Nurse
– You will receive the link to attend the Zoom meeting no later than an hour before the meeting is set to start.
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email email@example.com if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– You will receive the link for the Zoom meeting directly from your facilitator. Please check your spam folder if you have not received the link by the scheduled meeting time.
About Your Facilitator
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.