Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers: Support Group for Long-time Supporters (E)
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
This group is a gateway for those with a loved one who has a longtime treatment team, for those with a loved one in ongoing recovery (with or without diagnosis), and for those with a loved one with a diagnosis from months or years ago. Topics covered will include:
- Challenges that parents and loved ones face when supporting someone with a long term health concern
- Burnout, general support, and validation of feelings
- Peer support and open discussion
- Reconnecting and setting boundaries
This group will also leave time and space for participants to bring their own questions and topics for discussion.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information.
Dates for this session includes:
- November 22, 2022
Please register for each session individually– available dates will be listed on the ticketing page.
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm MST (18:30 – 20:30 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable on Jane
Karen Wadson, Registered Psychologist
– You will receive the link to attend the Zoom meeting no later than an hour before the meeting is set to start.
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email email@example.com if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– You will receive the link for the Zoom meeting directly from your facilitator. Please check your spam folder if you have not received the link by the scheduled meeting time.
About Your Facilitators
Karen is a registered psychologist in Calgary with over 10 years of counselling experience. She practices from a client centered approach, which views the client as the expert on their own life, and she draws interventions from psycho-dynamic, CBT, solution focused and narrative therapies to assist clients in making the changes they would like to have in their lives. Her particular area of specialization is in the area of disordered eating and body image. She holds advanced training in the treatment of eating disorders through the International Association of Eating Disorder Prevention (IAEDP).