Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers
Topic D: Supporting an Adult (Over 18)
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
As a loved one experiencing an eating disorder gets older, supporting them may start to look a little different. Adults have different responsibilities than those under the age of 18, which may add complex layers to accessing treatment and finding support.
Join Registered Nurse Chantelle Jensen for this drop-in online support group that looks at how support for an eating disorder evolves into adulthood, and how to help your loved one during these changes.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information.
Dates for this session includes:
- February 28, 2024
Please register for each session individually– available dates will be listed on the ticketing page.
6:00 pm – 8:00pm MST (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable on Jane
Chantelle Jensen, Registered Nurse
– You will receive the link to attend the Zoom meeting no later than an hour before the meeting is set to start
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– If you do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day of registering, please email email@example.com.
About Your Facilitators
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.