Online Drop-in Support Group for Caregivers:
Supporting an Adult
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
Join Registered Nurse Chantelle Jensen for this drop-in online support group that looks at how support for an eating disorder evolves into adulthood, how to let your adult make their own decisions while also continuing to offer support, how to maintain support while dealing with the reluctance to recover, and so much more.
As a loved one experiencing an eating disorder gets older, their needs for support will change. Adults have different responsibilities than those under the age of 18, which may make their ability to seek treatment and support more difficult.
This group may be useful for:
- Caregivers supporting someone over the age of 18
- Caregivers with a loved one who has a long-time treatment team already in place
- Caregivers with a loved one in ongoing recovery, with or without a diagnosis
- Caregivers with a loved one that received a diagnosis months or years ago
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders
- Intended to support those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants to allow everyone to participate fully
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information
Support Group Details
This is a drop-in support group that is open to parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with an eating disorder or disordered eating.
February 28 2024
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online via Zoom, details sent separately*
Cost for this session:
$10 (online, via Jane)**
Chantelle Jensen, Registered Nurse
*A computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with internet access is required to participate in this online group. On the day that the group is scheduled, you will receive a registration email from Zoom that includes a link inviting you to attend the Zoom meeting.
**EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to anyone’s ability to seek support for themselves or for a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if the cost of this group is a barrier, as we may be able to reduce or waive the cost entirely.
About Your Facilitator
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.