Online Workshop: Body Image
This ONLINE workshop is for anyone (18+) with an eating disorder, disordered eating,
and/or experiencing anxiety around food, eating, and body image.
**You do not need proof of diagnosis to enrol
**This workshop is open to those with all manner of disordered eating behaviour
About This Workshop
Because no one should have to face an eating disorder alone, this ONLINE workshop is professionally facilitated and promotes self discovery in a safe space.
Join Occupational Therapist Sara Kreklewich for an interactive presentation and facilitated discussion.
Body image concerns can arise as part of an eating disorder, disordered eating, or at any point during one’s life.
In this 2-hour workshop, we will:
- Discuss what body image is and how it contributes to our mental health
- Explore factors that influence body image
- Identify the role internal and external messages play
- Learn about strategies that help to improve body image
- Look at creating a shift in our inner and outer dialogue
- Have time for conversation after the presentation– bring your questions!
EDSNA support groups & workshops are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support those wishing to continue on the path of recovery in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
- Limited to a small number of participants to allow everyone to participate fully.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is intended as support, and is not a substitute for treatment. We encourage you to speak with your Physician about treatment options specific to your circumstances.
Individuals interested in participating DO NOT require proof of diagnosis. This workshop is open to those with all manner of disordered eating behaviour.
- January 17th
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online via Zoom, details sent separately*
$10 (online, via Jane)**
Sara Kreklewich, Occupational Therapist
*A computer/laptop/tablet and internet access are required to participate. The link to access the session will be sent separately, on the day the scheduled group or workshop is set to begin.
**EDSNA does not want financial barriers to stop a participant from attending a support group. Please email info@EDSNA.ca to discuss your circumstances, as we may be able to reduce your fees, or waive them entirely.
About Your Facilitator
Sara is the Disorder Eating Consultant for Central Alberta. She is also a Registered Occupational Therapist with over ten years experience. She is passionate about the area of mental health and believes in empowering clients to achieve their goals. She currently works in hospital and community mental health settings and has diverse skills, training and experience. Sara has a strong interest and knowledge base in the area of disordered eating, depression, anxiety and relationship issues.