Care Providers – Calgary and Southern Alberta
Adele Fox – Adele Fox & Associates
- Specializes in relationships, anxiety/stress issues, disordered eating, work stress and coaching.
PHONE: (403) 809-7809
Angela Grace, (R. Psych) – Heart Centered Counselling
- Aspires to provide a supportive environment to facilitate deep inner healing. In addition to traditional approaches to counselling (CBT, Narrative, Person-Centered), Angela shares intuitive & holistic approaches to healing that move beyond talk therapy.
PHONE: (403) 827-8529
Dr. Natasha Kutlesa, (R.Psych)
- Special interest in supporting people through transitions and challenges relating to life, sport, or business; treatment of depression, anxiety, and eating disorders; solving complex relationship, family, workplace, and team dynamics; and conflict resolution.
PHONE: (403) 229-0090
CELL: (403) 630-7270
Debra Johnson, (R.Psych) – Healing Minds Psychology
- Specializes in Narrative Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy, Internal Family Systems (IFS), and EMDR.
- Works with individuals who struggle with a variety of mental health concerns. These include trauma, developmental/attachment trauma, PTSD, eating disorders, grief and loss, addictions, anxiety, depression, personality disorders, and problems associated with major life changes.
PHONE: (403) 460-4697
Carol Fredrek, (MA, R.Psych) – Healing Matters
- Utilizes research-proven counselling methods such as Cognitive Behavioral (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Phone: 403.249-9337 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE: (403) 249-9337
- Eating Disorder group programming sessions, offered 3 times a year – March, June/July, and October/November.
- Serves individuals struggling with overeating and compulsive eating, food restriction, and binge eating and purging. Open to males and females of all ages. Pricing is decided based on a sliding scale.
- Inner Solutions provides psychotherapy and education services to individuals, groups and families.
- Provides DBT, CBT, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR), psychological assessments and workshops.
PHONE: (403) 301-3399
Diane Anderson, (MA, Registered Clinical Counsellor)
- Specializes in individual and couples counselling and Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
PHONE: (403) 312-6366
Jen Eld, (MSW, RSW) – Looking Glass Counselling
- Specializes in counselling for eating disorders, body image and self-esteem.
Joanna Jewell, (R. Psych) – Jewell Counselling
- Specializes in individuals, couples and family counselling.
- Utilizes an empathic integrated approach using Interpersonal (Psychodynamic), Client-Centered and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
PHONE: (403) 397-9925
Juno House – Counselling and Consulting
- Private practice counselling service specializing in the unique problems and challenges that adolescent girls, young women and their families encounter in the increasingly difficult world that girls must maneuver through.
- The mission for Juno House is to motivate girls and young women to build their capacity for emotional health while inviting their parents to develop a more coherent understanding of themselves and their children.
* For intake inquiries please visit the Juno House website for more information.
Sara Jungen, (R.Psych) – Menla Psychological Counselling
- Specializes in stress and anxiety, anger management, trauma, depression and unexpected life changes.
- The approach stems from a mindfulness perspective and a conviction that at the core of all people there is basic goodness that is always urging us towards growth and well-being.
PHONE: (403) 228-2425
Brenda Parkinson, (M.Sc. – Marital and Family Therapy) – Core Counselling
- Specializes in eating disorders and also provides therapy to individuals, couples and families facing other psychological challenges and stressors.
- Treatment focus includes family of origin work, which looks at how relationships and patterns in the past effect present choices.
PHONE: (403) 465-2253
Keri Sullivan, (R. Psych)
PHONE: (403) 828-5511
Ashley Wanamakerm, (R. Psych) – Ashley Wanamaker Psychological Services
- Registered Psychologist working in an individual, one-to-one private setting, providing therapeutic treatment and interventions.
- Specialized focus working with trauma, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and body image concerns with adolescent and adult clients.
PHONE: (403) 383-5039
Ashley Pettigrew, (MC, R.Psych) – Ashley Pettigrew Psychological Services
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Specializing in eating disorders and disordered eating, body image concerns, trauma and PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, and anxiety disorders including OCD. Trained in DBT, CBT and ACT.
PHONE: (403) 969-9136
EMAIL ASHLEY >
Rachel Jose, (R.Psych) – The Family Psychology Place
- Specializes in disordered eating, eating disorders, body dysmorphia, personality disorders, trauma, self-harm, anxiety, depression, suicidality, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and Conduct Disorder (CD).
- Provides parent consultation and support.
- Trained in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), as well as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR). Incorporates aspects of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Narrative Therapy, and the Neuro-Sequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT)
Grace Wong RD MSc CEDRD-S
Grace is a certified eating disorder registered dietitian and an approved supervisor recognized by the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals. She provides care for all feeding and eating disorders diagnoses (including AN, BN, BED and ARFID) and other mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, ASD, ADHD etc).
Registered dietitian and certified intuitive eating counselor specializing in adults struggling with chronic dieting, disordered eating, and eating disorders.
If you know of other dietitians in the Calgary region who have experience with eating disorders, please let us know by emailing info@EDSNA.ca.
Nutritional counseling services are often available through local primary care networks (PCN) You can find your PCN through this website. Looking for a doctor who has experience in eating disorders? You can search the Find a Physician site at the College of Family Physicians, by entering “Eating Disorders” in the PRACTICE INTERESTS field (right side, down a bit). You can also filter by TOWN/CITY. The colours on the left side indicate if they are: accepting patients (Green), require referrals (Yellow) or aren’t accepting patients (Red).
Theravive is a website that helps people find therapists. Each therapist writes a short bio, listing the areas they treat. You can see who offers eating disorder therapy in Alberta, and search by city/town on the page. Be sure to ask specific questions about their expertise in eating disorders and whether they follow best practices as therapy approaches made widely vary.
Palliser Primary Care Network
Serving Bassano, Bow Island, Brooks, Medicine Hat, Oyen and surrounding areas.
Community Mental Health Service
Medicine Hat Provincial Building
346 3 Street SE
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Chinook Primary Care Network
Serving Lethbridge, Coaldale, Cardston, Crowsnest Pass, Fort MacLeod, Magrath, Raymond, Standoff, Milk River, Taber, Vauxhall, Picture Butte, Pincher Creek and surrounding areas.
Phone: (403) 388-6510
Chinook Regional Hospital
960 19 Street S
If you know of other family doctors in the Southern Alberta region who have experience with eating disorders, please let us know.