Please note: For the sake of simplicity, only the starting dates for groups are indicated in this calendar. Please click on start date for more complete details.
(YEG) In-Person Support for Caregivers (with 4F4)
October 3 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm| $70.00 – $100.00
This group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of an individual with an eating disorder/disordered eating.
For groups for people with eating disorders, please refer to our full programming calendar.
After consulting with EDSNA facilitators, parents, clinicians at the Eating Disorder Foundation of Newfoundland & Labrador, and Mental Health Foundations, we have made some changes to our programming for parents, partners, and loved ones.
This group will still promote self-discovery in a safe space, and will also include guest speakers from the Eating Disorder Program at the University of Alberta Hospital (Unit 4F4).
- Learn how each member of the treatment team (dietitian, nurse, psychiatrist, recreation therapist) supports recovery
- Have the opportunity to ask questions of these professionals who assist in the treatment process.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information
Support Group Details
Dates for this support group are as follows:
- Thursday, October 3, 10, 17, 31
- Thursday, November 14, 21, 28
There will be no group on October 24th or November 7th.
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30pm MST (19:00 – 20:30 MST)
Cost: $70 per person, $100 for two people *
*EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
Allard Hall – MacEwan University
11110 – 104 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB, T5K 1M9
About Your Facilitator
Renata Logan, R.Psych
Renata Logan is a registered psychologist with a special interest in interpersonal issues, chronic disease management, grief, personal growth and eating disorders. Basing her work in a holistic frame, Renata believes that the source for all healing and lasting, positive change is rooted in the mind-body-spirit triad, as well as the family-community connection. While her formal training has been in family systems with components of cognitive-based therapies, her work is expanding to include more body-centered therapies, including Emotion-Focused Therapy, Hakomi, Integrative Body Psychotherapy and Yoga Therapy. Renata particularly enjoys working with parents, helping to remind them of what unique wisdom they hold. Outside the therapy room, Renata enjoys outdoor adventures, cultural/artistic events, and treasured time with her loved ones.