Please note: For the sake of simplicity, only the starting dates for groups are indicated in this calendar. Please click on start date for more complete details.
ONLINE DROP-IN For Caregivers: What Helped Me (E)
March 22 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of an individual with an eating disorder/disordered eating.
For groups for people with eating disorders, please refer to our full programming calendar.
About this support group session
Lived Experience is experience too. Hear from an EDSNA ‘Unicorn’* – a recovered individual with Lived Experience- and learn what helped them to pursue, and maintain, recovery.
This session will include:
- Practical tips from an EDSNA ‘Unicorn’ – “what helped [them]”
- Q&A with the Unicorn (group permitting)
- Support and ‘check-in’ time
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information
* The term ‘unicorn’ is used because recovery can feel mythical when the eating disorder is strong. It is not to imply that recovery itself is mythical, not real, or rare; it should also not be construed as recovery being easy, linear, or only for a select few.
Support Group Details
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
6:30 pm – 8:30pm MST (18:30 – 20:30 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable by Paypal invoice; see below
Karen Wadson, R.Psych
– You will receive the link to attend the Zoom meeting an hour before the meeting is set to start
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– If you do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day of registering, please email email@example.com .
About your facilitator:
Karen Wadson, R.Psych
Karen is a registered psychologist in Calgary with over 10 years of counselling experience. She practices from a client centered approach, which views the client as the expert on their own life, and she draws interventions from psycho-dynamic, CBT, solution focused and narrative therapies to assist clients in making the changes they would like to have in their lives. Her particular area of specialization is in the area of disordered eating and body image. She holds advanced training in the treatment of eating disorders through the International Association of Eating Disorder Prevention (IAEDP).