Please note: For the sake of simplicity, only the starting dates for groups are indicated in this calendar. Please click on start date for more complete details.
ONLINE DROP-IN For Caregivers: Meal Support (F)
April 5 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of an individual with an eating disorder/disordered eating.
For groups for people with eating disorders, please refer to our full programming calendar.
About this support group session
Meals can be a difficult time for our loved one, and how we handle them is extremely important. Avoiding any unintentional stress or tension is a necessity for supporting a loved one through mealtimes.
This session will include:
- Meal support strategies & tips.
- Language around mealtimes.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information
Support Group Details
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
6:30 pm – 8:30pm MST (18:30 – 20:30 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable by invoice (Paypal; more information below)
Karen Wadson, R.Psych
– You will receive the link to attend the Zoom meeting an hour before the meeting is set to start
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– If you do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day of registering, please email email@example.com .
About your facilitator:
Karen Wadson, R.Psych
Karen is a registered psychologist in Calgary with over 10 years of counselling experience. She practices from a client centered approach, which views the client as the expert on their own life, and she draws interventions from psycho-dynamic, CBT, solution focused and narrative therapies to assist clients in making the changes they would like to have in their lives. Her particular area of specialization is in the area of disordered eating and body image. She holds advanced training in the treatment of eating disorders through the International Association of Eating Disorder Prevention (IAEDP).