Eating Disorders Awareness Week
EDSNA will be proudly hosting Eating Disorders Awareness Week in Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer, February 1-7, 2019.
For more info, please visit this page.
- Attend one of the events planned in Red Deer, Calgary or Edmonton
- Promote the week to your colleagues, friends, family
- Ask your local businesses to adopt the colour purple for Feb 1-7 in their window displays or by wearing purple ribbons, hats, socks, gloves or scarves. Here is a template letter you may want to use and/or adapt. (Be sure to send us a photo if they do participate so we can share it!)
- Ask your municipality to issue a proclamation of the week. Most cities and towns have information about how to request this on their website. If you are successful, be sure to let our Office Administrator (email@example.com) know so they can share the information with NEDIC, who is recording all the proclamations across Canada!
- Ask your municipality to light up a local landmark in purple and tweet the picture to @EatingDSNA with the hashtag #EDAW. (Let the Office Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) know so she can inform the national database with NEDIC.)
- Share an information page, pamphlet, link, video, book title or any of the other resources found on our Resources page
- Let your educators know that we have a resource page just for them about eating disorders in the classroom
- Let your fitness instructor or coach know we have a resource page just for them about eating disorders in athletes
- Let your healthcare professional know we have a resource page just for them too!
- Host a social media event, like the #InnerSelfie campaign or do your own version of #Smash_ED in your backyard!
- Talk about eating disorders and share your story.
- Follow the EDAW activities across Canada and show your support on social media, using the hashtags #EDAW
- Donate to EDSNA so we can continue to host free events, offer presentations and provide support to those who need it. We are a registered charity, so you will receive a tax receipt.