Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers
Topic B: Let’s Talk Communication
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
Effective and open communication can be one of the toughest parts of any relationship. This support will offer opportunities to learn:
- language that supports -and language that can hinder- recovery
- managing triggers
- maintaining a relationship outside of the eating disorder
- common concerns, and some solutions, when faced with difficult conversations
- disentangling a loved one from the eating disorder
- opportunities to practice techniques covered
This group will also leave time and space for participants to bring their own topics for discussion– we encourage participants to bring questions.
NOTE: information provided is offered as general information, and is not meant to substitute for work with a care team supporting an individual or family’s unique circumstances. We will not be able to offer case-specific information.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information.
Date for this session:
- January 31, 2024
6:00 pm – 8:00pm MST (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable on Jane
– Participants will receive a zoom invite directly from the group facilitator at least one hour before the scheduled start time on the day of the meeting.
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– If you do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day of registering, please email email@example.com.
– If you have questions ,or experience difficulties signing on, email the facilitator: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Facilitator
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.