Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers: Insight From a Psychologist (B)
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
Folks in EDSNA support groups often tell us that insight from the program facilitator, registered psychologist Karen Wadson, is one of the most useful components of our support groups. With this in mind, we’ve created a group to offer space specifically for this- learn from Karen’s experiences, both as an EDSNA facilitator and private practice psychologist.
This group will also leave time and space for participants to bring their own topics for discussion– we encourage participants to bring questions!
NOTE: information provided is offered as general information, and is not meant to substitute for work with a care team supporting an individual or family’s unique circumstances. We will not be able to offer case-specific information.
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support to those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants allow everyone to participate fully.
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information.
Dates for this session includes:
- October 11, 2022
Please register for each session individually– available dates will be listed on the ticketing page.
6:30 pm – 8:30pm MST (18:30 – 20:30 MST)
Online, via Zoom
Cost for this session:
$10 – payable on Jane
Karen Wadson, Registered Psychologist
– Participants will receive a zoom invite directly from the group facilitator at least one hour before the scheduled start time on the day of the meeting.
– A computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone and internet access are required to participate.
– EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to ones ability to seek support for themselves or a loved one. Please email email@example.com if pricing of this group is a concern, as we may be able to reduce or waive your fees.
– If you do not receive a confirmation email within one (1) business day of registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Your Facilitators
Karen is a registered psychologist in Calgary with over 10 years of counselling experience. She practices from a client centered approach, which views the client as the expert on their own life, and she draws interventions from psycho-dynamic, CBT, solution focused and narrative therapies to assist clients in making the changes they would like to have in their lives. Her particular area of specialization is in the area of disordered eating and body image. She holds advanced training in the treatment of eating disorders through the International Association of Eating Disorder Prevention (IAEDP).