Online Drop-in Support Group for Caregivers: Supporting a Youth
This online drop-in group is suitable for parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with eating disorders.
About This Group
Join Registered Nurse Chantelle Jensen for this drop-in online support group that will offer parents and loved ones tools for supporting a young one as they go through the recovery process. When supporting someone under the age of 18 who is experiencing an eating disorder, their needs for support will vary when compared to an adult.
We will discuss support at meal times, preventing relapse, language that helps versus language that hinders recovery and so much more in this 2 hour drop-in support group.
This group may be useful for:
- Caregivers supporting a loved one new to treatment
- Caregivers noticing new symptoms in an undiagnosed loved one
- Caregivers with loved ones who are newly diagnosed
- Caregivers supporting someone under the age of 18
EDSNA support groups are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders
- Intended to support those wishing to support someone through their path to recovery in a safe, nonjudgmental environment
- Focused on fostering a sense of empowerment and hope
- Focused on promoting self-discovery in a safe space
- Limited to a small number of participants to allow everyone to participate fully
Questions about this group? Email info@EDSNA.ca for more information
Support Group Details
This is a drop-in support group that is open to parents, partners, friends, siblings, loved ones, and supporters of anyone with an eating disorder or disordered eating.
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online via Zoom, details sent separately*
Cost for this session:
$10 (online, via Jane)**
Chantelle Jensen, Registered Nurse
*A computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with internet access is required to participate in this online group. On the day that the group is scheduled, you will receive a registration email from Zoom that includes a link inviting you to attend the Zoom meeting.
**EDSNA strives to ensure that financial considerations are not barriers to anyone’s ability to seek support for themselves or for a loved one. Please email email@example.com if the cost of this group is a barrier, as we may be able to reduce or waive the cost entirely.
About Your Facilitator
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.