Online Drop-In Group for Caregivers
Topic H: Meal Support
This ONLINE workshop is for anyone (18+) experiencing an eating disorder, disordered eating, and/or experiencing anxiety around food, eating, and body image.
**You do not need proof of diagnosis to enrol.
**This workshop is open to those with all manner of disordered eating behaviour.
About This Session
Join Registered Nurse Chantelle Jensen for an interactive presentation and facilitated discussion. Meal times can be extremely difficult, not only for people experiencing an eating disorder or disordered eating, but for those supporting them as well. This workshop will offer:
- discussion on how to best support someone before, during, and after meal times.
- strategies to reduce conflict around meal planning and meal times.
- how to effectively deal with difficult situations centred around meal times.
- how to best encourage individuals to honour their hunger.
EDSNA support groups & workshops are always:
- Professionally-facilitated by people with extensive backgrounds in eating disorders.
- Intended to support those wishing to continue on the path of recovery in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
- Limited to a small number of participants to allow everyone to participate fully.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is intended as support, and is not a substitute for treatment. We encourage you to speak with your Physician about treatment options specific to your circumstances.
Individuals interested in participating DO NOT require proof of diagnosis. This workshop is open to those with all manner of disordered eating behaviour.
Date of this session:
- April 24, 2024
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (18:00 – 20:00 MST)
Online via Zoom, details sent separately*
$10 (online, via Jane)**
Chantelle Jensen, Registered Nurse
*A computer/laptop/tablet and internet access are required to participate. The link to access the online session will be sent via email from “Zoom” in the afternoon of the day the workshop is scheduled.
**EDSNA does not want financial barriers to stop a participant from attending a support group. Please email info@EDSNA.ca to discuss your circumstances, as we may be able to reduce your fees, or waive them entirely.
About Your Facilitator
Chantelle Jensen is a Registered Nurse based out of the Calgary area. She has 11 years experience nursing and has worked with Eating Disorders starting in 2012. Her nursing background includes inpatient Eating Disorders at Foothills Hospital, all levels of care associated with the Calgary Eating Disorder Program, Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions and Forensics. Chantelle holds certificates in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma informed care.